Thursday 28 May 2020

Lockdown Day 62 - Wednesday 27 May

On my walk at Ximongwe what did I see?
5 Giraffe gliding
4 Zebra grazing
3 Waterbuck...
2 Crocs sunbathing
And a Vervet in a fig tree...
Despite so much to see as I walk on a designated route around the "garden", ( 6 laps is 4 kms ) I find exercising for the sake of it so tedious. I don't wear headphones because walking in a big 5 area means having to stay alert. Usually it's a time alone to reflect but we've got so much time to do that already and quite frankly I think razor sharp self awareness is a bit over rated. 
Neil had me concoct a "Dutch" cheese and bacon sandwich he remembers from childhood for brunch and I made chilli corn fritters to have with our beef fajitas for dinner. The local avos are so good but they tend to ripen at the same time so we have to have some with every meal.

No comments:

Moving to a new blog for now..gailandneil2.blogspot.com

  This Travelling Life...the story continues...it seems that after 14 years and over 780 posts this blog has reached full capaci...