Sunday 12 September 2021

We are Vaccinated!

Saturday 14 August and Sunday 15 August
Lockdown Day 506 and 507

Today it was Lisa, our niece and Grant's wedding in NJ and we were unable to get there due to Covid travel restrictions. Today it is also 3 weeks since my second Pfizer jab and I am as fully protected against Covid as I'll ever be. Please everyone get vaccinated as soon as you can!
I didn't only do it to protect myself from serious illness, long Covid and death..
I did it so that my parents in their 80's and Tracy my disabled sister can enjoy more social contact and outings again.
I did it so that Neil who has a genetic blood clotting disorder and knows what it is like to cheat death after a pulmonary embolism can live his life.
I did it for all the friends and family who have lost loved ones to Covid.
I did it out of respect for all the health care workers and other essential service workers who have worked through the worst pandemic.
I did it to protect all those who don't have a choice to work from home.
I did it to help the tourism, travel and hospitality industry and the economy in Southern Africa and beyond recover.
For almost 18 months I have not been on a plane or in an Uber. I haven't eaten once in an indoor restaurant. I haven't been to a concert, a festival or a museum. I am so privileged not to have had to take risks to do my job or have my livelihood taken away from me. 
And now I feel I am able to choose to venture out a little more, see friends and travel further afield. Get jabbed as soon as you can!

No comments:

Moving to a new blog for now..gailandneil2.blogspot.com

  This Travelling Life...the story continues...it seems that after 14 years and over 780 posts this blog has reached full capaci...