Monday 4 June 2012

Getting a tattoo is like buying a Persian rug!


Years ago, when living in Singapore, Neil and I were invited to a charity carpet auction. Until that evening we had never even considered buying one, but we got caught up in the swing of things and started bidding for rugs! At one point we realised we were bidding against each other for the same carpet! Early next morning about six carpets of different sizes were delivered to our house. We spent the morning rolling them out in all the different rooms and deciding where to put them! A pretty expensive “spur of the moment” thing to do.
On the last night of our stay in Phuket this year, I crossed the threshold of a tattoo parlour for the first time in my life. I was in there to hold Robyn’s hand while she got her first tattoo. I casually flipped through the design books while waiting and when Robyn’s was done, she said, “Ok Gail, it’s your turn now!” and that’s how I got a tattoo on my ankle. A pretty permanent “ spur of the moment” thing to do.

No comments:

Moving to a new blog for now..gailandneil2.blogspot.com

  This Travelling Life...the story continues...it seems that after 14 years and over 780 posts this blog has reached full capaci...