Tuesday 28 April 2020

Lockdown Day 7 - Thursday 2 April

One week done, two to go. There are rumours going around that the lockdown will be extended. I did panic about this a bit; impatient about how far out I need to cancel and rebook things. But then I made a cup of coffee, stared at my view and decided I was better off than almost everyone else facing this crisis around the world!
It was a very windy day at Ximongwe. We got invaded by ants in the kitchen and in the bath. The insects here are amazing. Every night we get hundreds of moths. The top picture is not a moth but a lacewing (from an antlion pupa.)
It's extremely delicate and beautiful.
And we had a (non-venomous) bush snake on our deck!

No comments:

Moving to a new blog for now..gailandneil2.blogspot.com

  This Travelling Life...the story continues...it seems that after 14 years and over 780 posts this blog has reached full capaci...