Wednesday 22 July 2020

Lockdown Day 116 - Monday 20 July

Some random thoughts about the day.
* The same ellie visited us outside the kitchen door again around 11pm. He's very calm and well behaved and seems to be listening if you talk to him. 
*We have both the white-browed and the white-throated robin-chats in the garden at the moment. They are so pretty and quite tame.
*I did homemade chakalaka ( a South African sauce/stew made from tomatoes, onions, cabbage, beans and curry )with boerewors and egg for brunch.
*During lockdown we have spoilt ourselves with really good wines and I'm not sure we'll be able to go back to plonk again.
*Yesterday I said I fear lockdown is ageing us all and today the song in my head is "Forever Young." Not Alphaville's song, which I love, but Bob Dylan's. And listen to the cover by Audra Mae if you are going to check it out on Spotify. It's my wish not only for all the amazing young people I know but also for all my friends in their 40's, 50s and beyond too. Hang in there everyone; we will get our awesome lives back soon.
Here's the third verse...

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung
And may you stay forever young...

And all the lyrics..

No comments:

Moving to a new blog for now..gailandneil2.blogspot.com

  This Travelling Life...the story continues...it seems that after 14 years and over 780 posts this blog has reached full capaci...