Saturday 22 August 2020

Ximongwe Greater Kruger : Lockdown Day 143 - Sunday 16 August

The lions have moved off the carcass and the vultures have finished it off. I have so many photos from the last few days that I'm going to post a few more. At about midnight one large male was on our lawn again. I took the photo from our balcony with my phone in one hand; spotlight in the other. 
Today I spent lots of time making plans and bookings now that we can travel interprovincially again. We've decided not to rush to Gauteng but wait a few weeks to see how things pan out in Lockdown Stage 2. The Sanparks website crashed because so many people are trying to book holidays. Now I realise how special it was too be able to visit Kruger on day visits with hardly any other tourists. Let's all support the tourism and hospitality industries as much as we can until the international tourists return.

No comments:

Moving to a new blog for now..gailandneil2.blogspot.com

  This Travelling Life...the story continues...it seems that after 14 years and over 780 posts this blog has reached full capaci...