Sunday 20 September 2020

Lockdown Day 177 - Saturday 19 September

We're moving on soon... After six months at Hippo Lodge, Ximongwe, we're making a move. In four days time we'll be off in the caravan. We will be back in late October for 5 days... "So long!" rather than "Good-bye". We had an awesome braai and celebrated the good times and great friendships of lockdown.I've moved home and country and continent enough times, so I know there'll be lots of adventures ahead. And we've been homeless since May 2008 so I know I'll always have a safe and happy place to lay my head. What's different though is an unknown future and the realisation that this world is not going back to the old "normal" any time soon. I am privileged I know but I am used to having an almost endless array of choices with regard to the when, where, who, how and what of my life. Even the why... and I am used to being in control of those choices. We are just planning month by month not year by year at the moment. This day 5 years ago we were in Brighton for the now infamous 2015 Rugby World Cup game between the Springboks and Japan. One of the most memorable days ever! From disbelief and disaster to Champions of the World in four years! There's a lesson for life in everything!

No comments:

Moving to a new blog for now..gailandneil2.blogspot.com

  This Travelling Life...the story continues...it seems that after 14 years and over 780 posts this blog has reached full capaci...